Here are some links to interesting stories that have run in the last week or so.
- Philip Stone and Katie Allen at The Bookseller reports "BBC Season Lifts Poetry Sales" on 26 June. Plath book sales are up by 5,000 copies (or 92%) after the BBC's "Wuthering Heights" which aired on 12 May.
- Ben Myers at The Guardian blogs, "The Spirit of Hughes and Plath is Alive in West Yorkshire" on 23 June.
- Rosita Bolad of the Irish Times reports "A Poet Clears His Shelves" on 20 June. Maggs of London is offering for sale the books from Richard Murphy's library. Among the many books are several Plath items...
- Liat Elkayam's review "They Came to Praise Assia" appeared in Haaretz on 18 June 2009. A review of Eilat Negev and Yehuda Koren's biography of Assia Wevill, recently translated into Hebrew. The book's title is Hayeha U'mota shel Assia G.: Hatzela Hayisraelit ben Ted Hughes LeSylvia Plath, or The Life and Death of Assia G.: The Israeli Shadow Between Ted Hughes and Sylvia Plath. The title, "The Life and Death of Assia G." comes from a poem by Yehuda Amichai. You can view the beautiful cover under the Hebrew books on my website for Sylvia Plath. And while you're there, please notice an abundance of new book covers of books by and about Sylvia Plath in many different languages.
- Plath Profiles 2 is in production. We are aiming for an early August 2009 publication date. Thanks to those who submitted and to those awaiting its arrival patiently!