24 December 2012

P. H. Davies: A Life of Sylvia Plath

I did not expect the tributes for Sylvia Plath to start until closer to the anniversary of her death, but the fine poet and writer P. H. Davies has recently published A Life of Plath: both a blog post as well as a selection of poems written about her and inspired by her. It is the first tribute, therefore. And it is also the one by which all the others - that are I am sure forthcoming - will be compared to. My own 11 February post is currently in draft form, but reading Davies' now makes me want to scrap the whole things and start over.

2 comments :

P.H.Davies said...

Thank you Peter - the first 50th anniversary tribute indeed! I hadn't intended it to be so, but quite happy to take the accolade. Please don't deprive of us of your February tribute - if anyone knows more about Plath it's you!!! I for one look forward to reading it!!!

Anonymous said...

P.H. Davies - Truly fine poems for Plath. Bravo. You really move and inspire me.

-Anon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Publications & Acknowledgements

Interviews