01 February 2012

Article and Book about Sylvia Plath Published

This week it is worth calling your attention to "Seeking Sylvia in the Rare Book Room" by Adrianne Kalfopoulou, in the Winter 2012, #18 issue of Del Sol Review. You may remember that last October we learned of Adrianne's essay "Sylvia Plath's Emersonian I/Eye" which appeared in Women's Studies. 40:7. October 2011: 890-909.

At the risk of being a spoiler... you can look forward to a reading a highly original, clever, and enviable poem of Adrianne's in Plath Profiles 5, which will be published this summer.

Very recently published is Kimberly Crowley's Bloom's How to Write About Sylvia Plath published by Chelsea House (Publisher, Amazon). This is part of Harold Bloom's series How to Write About [your name here]. I hope to review this later in February or perhaps, early March.

7 comments :

Jess McCort said...

Now what would be really interesting would be if Bloom had written that book.

Anonymous said...

I'm kinda glad Bloom didn't write it ;-) Hopefully Crowley has something positive and inspiring to say.

~VC

Anonymous said...

I kind of don't trust anything Bloom has to do with Plath. Or really to do with any writer since he is such a brat. At this point he is just a mindless corporate entity churning out pretty much the same thing year in and year out.

Jess McCort said...

I agree, actually. I myself wondered what he would have positive to contribute.

Melanie Smith said...

His introduction is certainly not positive, in fact parts read quite spitefully. Have yet to read the main content of the book though.

Anonymous said...

The introduction is a mash of his other introductions; why does he bother including Plath in the series of book he 'edits'? He clearly has nothing but disdain for her. I suppose the fact that she is popular and has endured nearly 50 years after his death is something that likely gives him indigestion. And I'm all for that!

Julia Gordon-Bramer said...

I missed that Women's Studies article and look forward to reading it. I found this homophonic I/Eye correlation myself some time ago. Emerson was a mystic in his transcendentalism, and this is right in line with my work. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Publications & Acknowledgements

Interviews